Now Playing: Day 759-The Final Road To Survival
It was hard to wake up and although my mind was ready to seize the day my body clearly wasn't. Make that a "DITTO" for the fur kids too! Oreo was so relaxed I literally had to get his bag of treats out to get him off his big comfy bed. Hahahahaha!
This was suppose to be treatment day however things took a bit of a turn by later in the afternoon. Once we finally started getting motivated our first stop was to my doctors office to have my urine checked by their lab. I wasn't expecting any great Houdini moves and POOF! my kidneys are back to normal but I guess I wasn't expecting things to be far worse either. By the time I walked out of the room they already were checking my urine in which they quickly detected more blood and red cells than the prior few visits. GEES! The nurse told me the doctor needed to check into a few other things and would give me a call back in a few hours however by the time me and my friend-Caregiver left the office it was only 20 minutes later before they called me back. Seems things with my kidneys haven't left nor did they suddenly correct themselves. Sounds like the rest of my great GP caper right? Right! My doctor has to send my urine back out to another lab to see what the next step will be because this can't keep going on. My worst fear would be having to go on dialysis sitting through a 4-5 hour treatment. YIKES! For now until they get things back from the lab next week I was put on medication to take at home but if my body can't absorb it I will need to have my medication given to me via outpatient through IV. We are crossing our fingers the oral medication will somehow find its way through my paralyzed organs instead of having to sit in a hospital.
Question to my doctor and lab tech: Could this be a figment of my imagine or all in my head? Their reply with a few chuckles, "Only in the land of make believe."
OK. I did pinch myself so guess this is real and really going on. Hahahaha!
So...After getting some GP news which wasn't too surprising because Gastroparesis is a progressive condition it still shocks me how fast a good day can quickly turn bad. Its no wonder the water issues due to all the excessive rain has yet to break my patience. I have far bigger and more important things to worry about.
Me and my friend had spoken to a Realtor yesterday evening regarding a townhouse 15 minutes away our home. We are keeping our options open in fear that the air quality tests next week might show hazardous mold. Black mold is still the deal breaker and although we hope for the best we still must remember we could be facing the worst. Once we got to the property memories starting coming back fresh in my mind because this same area was where I used to live. The townhouse I lived in over 9 years ago was actually right down the street from this property. We even stopped by my old home and I took a few photos. Ahhhh...Life before GP...The townhouse we looked at is actually in a different community and resembles a German village. They were all very nice and the property was located right next to a bike trail and large park. Things "looked" great until closer inspection. The two upstairs windows had broken seals so once again there would be a moisture problem in the house. Second was the front screen door that needed to be replaced. However the big deal breaker was the foundation cracks in front of the property that would clearly cause basement problems with water coming into the house.
YIKES! Thanks, but NO THANKS!
We didn't even make it into the townhouse because the outside was enough. Looks like we might as well start the basement cleanup at our own home because so far we are having no luck looking for a new place. Its also very stressful and I am not sure if my health would allow another move. We don't have much help either in the area and so far we are doing things solo. Thankfully before we left earlier this afternoon the repairs with the gutters on the left side of the house were under way and we were told the new glass block windows would be in by Monday. A few other people were also going to be over Monday to go into the basement crawl space outside to see if they could find the source of the foundation and water issues. It won't come without an additional cost of living that will start hitting us the first of July. At this point we both came to a quick agreement to proceed ahead with the house repairs, added costs and air quality check that if it does show excessive levels of toxic mold we will do our best to come to a remedy to fix the situation. If its too toxic and we can't occupy the house then we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Amen.
This evening I decided since I was already mentally tired between the doctors appointment, townhouse search and getting mold cleaning supplies I would just do my treatment tomorrow. We did find the Mold test kits and cleaning products at Home Depot. My friend did the basement cleaning as I took on the CSI role. Hahahahaha! Hey, it wasn't only interesting but also fun! Now we must wait 48 hours to let the petri dish grow mold, if there is mold present in the house to grow. My friend had to deal with the super potent mold killer and cleaner which even a face mask couldn't 100% block out. Thank goodness it was a much cooler day outside and we could open the basement door and turn on the fans. We both gave the mold cleaner products a HIGH FIVE! I won't know about the mold test kit results until Friday so only time will tell...